Monday, March 29, 2010

Test Driving Ford Focus TDCi 1.6












Another free and easy weekend which I am supposed to be resting at home waiting for the Energizer Night Race in the evening, a friend called up and invite me for a movie. As I was on my way to M.Valley I called up Ah Keem for fun but she is really free, the thought of test driving the Ford Focus TDCi crossed my mind and I INVITED her to fetch me from M.Valley to jalan 205 Ford Showroom ( movie at 1.30pm, I was already in MV at 11.30am). Nice Ah Keem came with 5-series ( I have to mention this....:P) to pick me up.

Seriously, this car is reallt POWERFUL with 320Nm torque and 135bhp, the car pick up faster than the 308Turbo and 6 speed really smooth , I can feel that the power keep kicking in after 2K rpm and it's like there is no limit to the torque, perhaps it was the road condition at Jalan Templer area that doesn't allow this car to unleash its full potential. Being a diesel powered engine and compatible with bio-diesel, the FC of around RM0.06/km or 900+KM/full tank is really tempting, imagine saving RM200-250 extra from petrol expenses, having the torque and horsepower of a 2.0L car without compromising the need to speed, this is the car to go! :D

Anyhow, at the price of RM128,888, the specs offered in this model is really disappointing, apart from electric seats and leather seats that are acceptable, the rest of the items and build is abit low class, I would expect something close to what Honda has to offer at Civic range, but no, I can't find them in this Focus TDCi, which is quite a turn off .....

Thanks to Ah Keem for fetching me around on busy Saturday traffic...:D

I think I made a good choice to have booked the Lion, price to pay ? HIGHER FC... :(

No comments: