Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Product Review - BiB uPz


Received this product back in June and haven't really written a proper review on it. After a few uses, I think it is only fair that I give some of my personal experience and feedback on this new product.

I have used bib buttons (that's how I call it) in the past, however, I never like it for a few reasons:
- it is bulky compared to the normal tiny pins.
- it is quite hard to pin the 2 pieces together, could be its size.
- the shirt will crumple as the button pin together, could be its size too.

So what's so special about this Bib button? let's look at its size, it is about the size of the 10 cents coin, slightly wide than the other bib button available in the market. Despite a wider size, it does not feel heavier, probably because it is thinner. The benefit of being wider in size makes it easier to hold especially if u have big fingers, holding 2 tiny buttons to clip together could be quite a task. The hollow design allows reduction in mass and thus results in lighter weight and more flexible, it can actually bend.


Next, look at its thickness, BiB uPz is thinner with wider button, with this feature, the shirt is clipped at more shallow level, thus less crumple.

How about actual use ? Back to the few concerns I had about bib buttons:
1. it has shallow button, thus doesn't crumple the shirt much, especially with its wider button.
2. the size is wider (especially the inner female piece), makes it easier to hold and to pin the 2 pieces together.
3. it does feel lighter, though may not be lighter than safety pins (depends on the size of the pins also, some race u receive safety pins that is more than 3cm long!!!)



Is it something that I will use in every race? may be not, but if I am wearing shirts that I do not want to risk damage by safety pins and I want the bib to stay still, I definitely will use BiB uPz. Given that the cost is reasonable with 6 pairs in a pack (I only use one pair to hold the top of the bib), it is probably not a bad idea to keep a pack for yourself and your 2 running buddies. :)

How to use a Bib Button

For more info and enquiry on this product, u may contact http://ccube-sports-hub.blogspot.com/ or Mr. Choi at 019-328 9083.


Disclaimer: Author received a pack of BiB uPz from supplier to test the product. This review is produced based on personal experience. :)

1 comment:

WH Ng said...

Have just received the goods. Thanks a lot.