Sunday, April 20, 2008

Disastrous Fun

Quietly she asked for food container or plastic bags to pack and take away the nice & tasty food left over from the buffet dinner, openly she started to fill the plastic bag with the possibly wasted food, they came to make fun out of it, some even asked for photos to be taken. Out of excitement, I stepped in and took 2 pictures.

She took it easily with a smile on her face and continue to move the food, can't be bothered by how these people gonna think about this high earning / high ranking manager's action. Well, they're never going to figure out why. Come to think about it, it was a good virtue not to waste food and it is never wrong to take the food away. But when it comes to public's eyes and ears, especially our society, it becomes a silly, stingy, greedy and undesirable intolerable behaviour !

At 2nd thought , I realised I was wrong, I was too guilty for joining the fun of it and took pictures of it. She was hurt and for a person in her position, she can't show it on the face but to hide it, she handled it with smiles.

A man had the whole scene in his eyes and he took action by gathering all the spectators, he gave us his piece of mind and reminded us how childish we were and how difficult the situation that we had just put a person in. The crowd silent. He was right. We were silly.

I thought I should give her a call to express my apology, her phone was put into sleep mode, so I sent her a SMS. I hope for all the silly things we had done tonight, she will forgive us, just like she always do... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's that 'she'?
Bad YK :rolleyes: