Monday, May 05, 2008

4 years Anniversary in Work


4 years ago the same date (05/05/04) was the day I started my 1st job after graduation, time flies and I am still with the same company.

I could have left the current employment earlier, but everytime I thought of making a move, there is always some new arrangements in my job. I started in Ipoh for 8months before I was transferred to Malacca to work in both Malacca and N9.

I spent about 18months in the job and I actually planned to make new move at the end of that year, then I was again transferred to another team, still based in Malacca but travelled between Malacca-JB-Nilai, and another 18months passed by.

More offers came by and I had almost moved on but I chose to stay and accept the offer to be moved back to KL, 3rd transfer in 4years. Then the increment issue came up, I almost wanted to keep my options open again, luckily the man reacted fast enough to restore the honour that I deserved. So, this was presented to me today:



A good company should always do the necessary to keep the right resources, not just by word of mouth, at the end of the day, your walk means your talk, if you don't mean your talk, don't talk at all. I see many capable colleagues left in the past 4years, the one can say they were not patient enough to be rewarded or not capable enough, but we all know how a good step can be made to keep the good people. I stay despite listening to many bad comments about the company, I believe the one up there deserves my own judgement, so I am back in KL, the one made a smart move for the fast approval granted.

So I am giving another 11months to witness whether the talk = the walk or just merely a talk. You are right at one point that I do care, I do, and when I don't, there is nothing u can do or talk about.

No comments: