Thursday, November 25, 2010

The GLOW in my Nike shoes















I remember I bought this pair of shoes because my old pair were worn out due to long duration inactive, and I needed to go KK Mount for a hike. Bought her in Mid valley at discounted price.

I never thought she was a nike+ compatible until this years Nike Run I saw the promotion on for registered runners and I discovered the NIKE+ logo on the insole of the shoes. From then I started to use the Nike+ sensor band to track my running.

Well the point is not about my running, it's about her.

After 2months of active running and finally I got back my pace for 10KM (that was the reason why I got back into running after seeing suffering a horrible run in Energizer night race this year). I give half marathon a thought for year 2011.

Most people won't believe me that I haven't run further than 15KM before (in fact my 1st 15KM was during one of the recent practice when no one else wanted to join me). Given that, plus I started to suffer some pain on my fore lower right leg from putting too much running weight on the right foot, I give my running technique a serious thought and do some reading on how to run more efficiently without putting too much stress on my right foot.

The forefoot running method caught my attention and I totally agree with this running theory but practically this will put more stress on the calf muscles and require me to change my running shoes.

Somehow after the Penang bridge run I have to wash my nike shoes and decided to take a photo of her before I decide whether to keep her for running or as normal sports shoe for cross training. The GLOW in her from the photo (I know it was the reflective material on her) reminded me that may be this is not what she wants, may be there is more in her that I can explore, may be this is not the best result I can get out of her yet.

May be she still deserves a place in my runnings.

So, I decided to keep her for coming runs and at least for a half marathon, she deserves a test! :D

No comments: