Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Year, New Car ?

My hero is going to be 8yrs old in June 2010, i think year he will have to go for many major and minor surgeries to get his parts serviced and changed ( I still owe him a proper bumper.... TT.), estimated fees for all the operations may come to thousands...


To give up hero is probably a hard thing to do coz I am a sentimental person ( OK, may be I am more of a semi-mental person...LOL!), but try-driving car is definitely exciting! :D So, I decided to go on a journey to survey and check out what are the latest hot deals.


The 1st car that appeared in my mind is Lancer GTS that is currently under promotion, well, more of under Publicity than the real Promotion deals. Nice engine, good power, futuristic look, young and cool, but after actual viewing the interior, I was rather disappointed , it didn't change much compared to it 1st launch 3 yrs back, nothing get upgraded, and price increased !!! Mitsubishi Lancer, U are always my favourite bcoz of ur Evo version, but I have to cancel u out from my list coz u are not offering enough to match the selling price ! TT

I have always wanted a second hand S60,don't ask me why, I just love it on 1st sight, I know it does look abit old fashion and differ from the popular models like Honda / Toyota / Suzuki. After I went to read about it quite sometime ago, I am totally impressed with the technology Volvo put into this flagship model, features that I found in this model were 1st in its class and 1st in the world, that was years back, but I only start seeing them in the hot brands in recent few years, in other words, it still beat many young generations of new models with what it has got under the hood. :P


2nd hand price for a S60 is do-able for a 5-6yrs old unit, but long term service and maintenence will cost a bomb, I am not sure if I am willing to pay that price yet, but I don't mind test drive it 1st. There are a few units on the market, I am just lazy to go and test drive, may be after CNY I really gonna make some time for it. Perhaps a pre-owned S40 also can be under my consideration...


I like Accord, but not the current model, the facelift before the previous, the one that has long straight taillight, a 2005 unit cost around 85-90K, :D


To save money, i actually consider looking at the 2006/07 City or 2005/06 Altis, then I can still choose to MAX the car's potential without much worry about breaking it, 60-80K is definitely something do-able and worth a thought. How ar ? how to choose ?

If come down to real budget, perhaps a 2007/08 Persona can come under my list, 35-45K, get a 2-3yrs loan and whack the MAX use of the car, then a real UPGRADE in 2012/13... but after read about the car's FC for after 1-2yrs, it's really disappointing, better spend the $$ on 2004 City/Vios...

Anyway, thanks for my coleague Nelson who told me he booked a Forte, I also give chance to Forte. A peep on its features and benefits (typical salesman will do that.....I do that coz I am an analyzer...), very impressive and very nice design, somehow the KIA + NAZA thing never impress me, haunted by a model I never own but witness its horrible FC and resale value... NVM, I will give chance, let's go test drive!


One of nice working friday, Nelson and I took a trip to NAZA to ask for test drive for Forte but I think it's a sign from the GOD, it rained heavily and we never got the chance to try. Instead , I got the chance to view the Peugeot 407 and 308 THP, Peugeot was always priced at high price, I never want to think about it, but this time round I am impressed coz the once expensive 407 ( during CBU import time was RM160,000 ) is now a CKD with a lot of advanced features not offered in the famous A and C models, and the selling price is RM128,888 !!! Don't bother to look at the premium version that give leather seat and GPS navigator system selling at RM136,888 ( which I don't think worth extra 8K ). To top that, the promotion interest rate is 1.75% or a 5K discount , which make it even more affordable...


308 THP is definitely a nice deal, but I haven't liked a compact car yet. Anyway, I have a very totally different view on this car when I actually test driven it the next day, hehehe! wait for my update in next write up...

No comments: